Combined Weeks

Hello fellow Lunch Bunchers,
I am sorry I haven't posted new and exciting blogs from our weekly experiences. This blog is a combined experience from a couple of weeks.
Photobucket

We start off  by making the delicious sandwiches. We are trying out different onion options versus no onions at all. Ana and I will be asking our regulars this week which do they prefer. Digestion and taste preference are very important to us.
Photobucket

We have also been making combo meat (ham and turkey) sandwiches, it is just more flavorful and a nice bit of change!
Photobucket

Going through downtown, seeing people living on the streets has become routine for Ana and myself, but it never gets familiar or easy. Every time we venture out it is heartbreaking. We see so many people with out something as necessary as food let alone shelter or warm clothes.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Seeing the struggle, the hurt and risks homeless people face everyday makes our fight for Lunch Bunch that much stronger. Seeing first hand the people we are working to help and the positive change in the people we are meeting doesn't just make Lunch Bunch meaningful- it makes it essential.
Photobucket

Ana and I both know that our reason for Lunch Bunch is to change the homeless situation in Los Angeles. We are trying to send out weekly waves of positive everything! There is so much to be done and we need to count on others to help us along the way.

Each week little by little we (you, me, us) are making a difference for the better in an apathetic community.
Photobucket

Comments

  1. I found your blog when you left a comment on Ana's blog about her drawing contest. =)
    I'm glad I found your blog because what you guys do is absolutley amazing. I really like doing things like this. I used to live in California as well and would always help out. Now that I live in New York, i'm part of a group called "Help Portrait" and what we do is we go to different family shelters and take pictures of the family and give them nice photos for free. I have a video of one of our events on my YouTube channel if you want to see it. Link is below:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62er7FC6P_A

    Keep posting on your blog because you have a new follower.
    Much love,

    Arlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your support!! We are very happy you found this blog as well. I love the idea of Help Portrait- that seems like such a item for a family. The youtube video is amazing, very inspiring. I hope we keep in touch, i would love to be know the new of help portrait.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment, check out www.lunchbunch.org

Popular Posts