Lunch Bunch in Fresno, CA



Mere and I split up our Lunch Bunch duties this week because I was out of town. She did half in LA, and I did the other half in Fresno with Ara and our friend Greg.



We drove downtown to the 4 or 5 blocks surrounds Poverello House (a shelter) where the homeless occupied.

This area seemed more clean and organized than LA. Most people had tents set up and Poverello House even had a closed off area of tents that served as temporary shelter.






Village of Hope provides temporary shelters for the homeless.





I'm glad we were able to try a new city for Lunch Bunch. The people again were friendly, honest, and happy to receive the meals and cold water. It was very hot in Fresno and I noticed a lot of people were sunburnt. LA has been getting very hot during the day too. Perhaps we should set aside a small budget for sunblock and/or hats to shade the sun.




A jolly old man was driving this car.

Comments

Popular Posts